Before & After School FAQ
At Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) Locations
Kids from JK to 12 years at Oak Creek P.S
No. We required two weeks to process your application from the date that we receive your completed registration package of forms. Failure to give two-weeks’ notice will result in a delay of your start date.
- We require a set recurring schedule with a minimum of 2 days per week of care.
- If you are registered part-time (less than five days per week) and need to add the occasional extra day of care, you can do so by providing a written request with 10 days written notice to .
- Requests received with less than 10 business days’ notice will be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine if we can accommodate your request.
Upon sucessfull completion of the required enrolment documents, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
If you have not received this email notification, please check your spam/junk email box. Once the email has been located, be sure to adjust your filters to ensure you receive future communications.
Full or partial subsidies are managed by the Region of Waterloo. Please contact 519-575-4400.
It is important to understand that completing the OneList registration does not mean you have applied or qualified for Child Care Subsidy. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure they have qualified for Child Care Subsidy prior to registering their child(ren) for the School-age program.
Payments are calculated based on the number of days of care your child is scheduled/registered for each month. As a result, your child care fees will be different each month based on the number of days of care to be provided.
Once calculated, your monthly fees will be divided into two with 50% being withdrawn from your account on the 1st of the month and the remainder on the 15th. You will receive an email from RisingOaks five days before a payment is scheduled to come out of your account.
Yes! Families are required to “opt-out” in writing if not attending a PA Day, March or Winter Break camp. You must opt-out with a minimum of 2-weeks notice. Failure to do so, will result in your account being charged for these dates. RisingOaks reserves the right to provide care on PA Days, during Winter and March Break at an alternate location. Families will be notified in advance of the location and given the choice to opt-out.
RisingOaks currently offers a weeky Summer Camp for children in JK to age 12 at seven locations across the Waterloo Region. Families currently attending School-age Programs within the WRDSB are invited to register their children in our summer camps. Registration for current families opens mid February and to the community 2 weeks later. Visit our Summer Camp page for more details.
- Just like with the public school board, the rates for before and after school care are pro-rated to take into account PD Days, winter break and March break.
- As a result, if a PD Day or winter/march break day falls on a regularly scheduled day that your child normally attends before and after school, you will be charged the same rate you usually pay.
- For a family that only attends one program (either before or after school), they would only pay their usual rate on a PD Day, but they would have restrictions on the hours of care.
- In that case, a child registered to attend Before School may attend on the PD day from 7am until school dismissal time. If they are registered for After School on a PD day, they may attend from school entry time until 6pm on a PD day. If the PA day calls on a day that the child is not regularly scheduled for, the full-day PD date rate would apply.
- Families also have the choice to Opt-Out of PD Days, Winter Break and March Break with 2 weeks (10 business days) notice in which case fees will not be charged.
A child registered to attend Before School may attend on the PA day from 7am until school dismissal time. If they are registered for After School on a PA day, they may attend from school entry time until 6pm on a PA day.
- Assuming it’s a set recurring schedule (e.g., every other Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), yes we can accommodate your request. This is considered an alternating two-week schedule. In order to set up such a schedule, please email the centre supervisor and provide the schedule of days for week 1 and week 2 and the start date for this schedule.
- Sandbox, our child care management system, will set it up as an automatic 2-week rotation. Any changes to this schedule must be communicated in writing to your centre supervisor and requires 10 business days’ notice.
- This is considered to a Flex Care Space where your days of care fluctuate each week based on your work schedule (e.g., week 1 you need care M-T-W-F, but week 2 you need T-W-Th-F). A flex care space takes up a full-time space in our program to give you flexibility on the days of care. There are a limited number of Flex Care Spaces available per program.
- Request a Flex Care Spaces Request form from the Supervisor. Requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. You will be required to submit your work/care needs schedule as part of your request and on an ongoing basis.
- Requests are normally approved for a 3-day flex or 4-day flex schedule. Requests for a 2-day flex schedule will be considered but are not guaranteed.
- For specific payment arrangement, our system allows us to add a secondary household and to define the % of fees being paid by each family.
- Please submit a custody agreement or jointly signed letter to outline your agreement with respect to child care scheduling, payment of fees, access to information, who can pick up, etc.
- This information will be reviewed by our team to determine the best way to set up your account.
- Fees are charged based on your child’s set recurring schedule. RisingOaks does not offer vacation credits or a reduction in fees to accommodate vacation or illness as our fixed costs (e.g., wages, room rental, program supplies, etc remain unchanged).
- Schedule changes are allowed with two-weeks’ notice but are intended to be used to change the # of days of care on an ongoing basis or to change the specific days of the week within your schedule –again on an ongoing basis.
- The week of March Break is an optional week, and is treated the same as PA Days. Though your base fees do include care over March Break, should you wish to opt out of care for that week, we can credit those fees back to your account. Be sure to provide sufficient notice – no less than 10 business days prior to the first day of March Break – with your intentions to opt out of March Break. Therefore, no schedule change is required for a vacation during March Break.
If your child has allergies, anaphylaxis risk, severe food sensitivity, religious beliefs, vegetarian diet, food dislikes to the point of nutrition concern please speak to your centre supervisor immediatly.
We are committed to the fundamental principle of providing and maintaining a healthy environment for all children and staff. In particular, this includes all those who may be susceptible to anaphylaxis, the term used to describe acute, severe, life-threatening allergic reactions to a substance. RisingOaks' goal is to minimize and control allergies through education. Employees and students that work in the centres are required to participate in anaphylaxis training bi-annually. In addition, a review of the use of Epi-pens and Twinjects® is conducted a minimum of twice annually.
Although it is difficult to ensure a risk-free environment, RisingOaks has designated all of its locations as “Allergy Safe” and will not knowingly serve nut products. Anaphylactic reactions to other substances (for example: eggs & milk) are dealt with on a case by case basis. RisingOaks requires that any individual (e.g., children, employees, students, and volunteers) at risk for anaphylaxis have an Individual Emergency Anaphylaxis Plan.
Click here for more information on our Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan