Registration for Before and After School
School-age Kids at Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) Locations:
- JK to grade 2 (Extended Day program; Oak Creek Public School only)
- Grade 3 to 6 (Youth Development Program)
There are two before and after school programs offered at your school; Extended Day (JK - grade 2) and the Youth Development Program (grade 3 - 6). RisingOaks runs the Youth Development Program as well as the Extended Day at Oak Creek Public School Only. Depending on enrolment, there may also be PD Days, March Break, Winter Break and Summer Camp.
OneList: Central Registry and Wait List.
OneList is the place where all applications for licensed care in Waterloo Region are submitted. You can also come here to apply for financial help to pay for child care, and special needs supports. Applying is easy.
Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) Program
On March 28, 2022, Ontario reached a $13.2 billion agreement with the federal government on funding for the Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) program. The new program will lower child care costs and improve access, and quality across Ontario’s child care and early years sector. Fee reductions only apply to infant, toddler, preschool and kindergarten programs. School-age before/after school program do not qualify for fee reductions.
For more information about the CWELCC and the reduction of parent fees and rebates please see the Region’s website.
Easy steps to registration
- Waterloo Region Licensed Child Care
- Parent details such as address and contact info.
- Add your children and identify care requirements.
- Search Provider Name using the name of your school (i.e if you are at Bridgeport PS, choose RisingOaks Early Learning | Bridgeport)(Options based on your care requirements will appear here)
- Select: Show Programs on the location you'd like to apply for.
- If you have another child at this location, check the sibling box.
- Click the blue Apply and follow the prompts to complete your registration
- You will receive a confirmation email.
What Happens Next?
Initial Follow Up
- We will receive an email notifying us of your application.
- The Supervisor, Youth Development Programs will contact you about availability.
When we have a spot for you
- You will be provided with a Registration Package.
- Once your forms are received and a customer deposit paid, your space will be guaranteed and your start date confirmed.
- If you need a varying schedule (e.g., 3 days one week, 4 days the next), review the information on Flex Care Schedules to see if you qualify. If so, submit a Request for a Flex Care Schedule once a spot is offered to you.
When you're on the WaitList:
- Check out the Parent Handbook.
- Review our Waiting List policy to better understand how placements are done and priorities for assigning spots.
- Review the website to find FAQs, weekly menus and more.