COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
The following COVID-19 protocols are in effect at RisingOaks Early Learning:
Masks are recommended.
- If you have a single secondary symptom (i.e., sore throat or difficulty swallowing, runny or stuffy/congested nose, headache, extreme tiredness, muscle aches or joint pain, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea,) isolate until symptoms are improving for 24 hours (48 hours if gastro-intestinal symptoms). Siblings and other household members are not required to isolate.
- If you have 1 primary (i.e., fever, cough, loss of smell/taste, shortness of breath) or 2 secondary symptoms, isolate until symptoms are improving for 24 hours (48 hours if gastro-intestinal symptoms) and wear a mask for 10 days when in public. Siblings and other household members are not required to isolate as long as they are symptom free, though are required to wear a mask for 10 days.
- See provincial screen for more details.
- You are strongly encouraged, though not required, to take a test if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you have symptoms that require an isolation period, a negative result on a PCR test or 2 rapid antigen tests may allow you to complete your isolation earlier.
- Testing is a key mitigation factor to reduce transmission to other children and staff within our program. Remember though, you may test negative for several days on a rapid antigen test before you test positive as the viral load builds. As a result, it is recommended to test more than once.
- If you are positive on a rapid antigen test you are infectious - isolate to help reduce the spread.
Per the guidance of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, RisingOaks promotes vaccination as a key public health measure to protect each other, the children we serve and the community at large.
For anyone seeking to receive a first, second or booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit www.regionofwaterloo.ca/GetaVaccine